If you are looking for the best exterior shutters phoenix has, you’re in the right place. However, you need to make sure that exterior shutters are the right type of shutters for you. The good news is that we can help you with this decision. In this article, we will help you understand the pros and cons associated with using exterior shutters in Phoenix.
Vinyl Exterior Shutters
- Very affordable which makes buying more of them much easier
- They can add a lot of color to your home
- Only available in certain lengths as they’re made in molds
- They are hollow and therefore, not always strong enough
- This type of shutter needs to be pinned in each corner to prevent warping
- The shiny, plastic-like finish doesn’t appeal to everyone.
Wooden Exterior Shutters
- They can be painted to match your home’s decor
- They’re not usually very expensive
- This type of shutter is easy to find
- Wooden shutters are very popular
- They can rot, even if you maintain them well
- They will need to be kept in the shade if you want them to last a long time
- Darker colors will cause the shutters to expand and deteriorate
- This type of shutter will need to be painted at least once every 2 years to avoid splitting and cracking
Fiberglass Exterior Shutters
- They are not very heavy when compared to other external shutters
- This type of shutter can last for many years
- They can cost a lot of money
Composite Exterior Shutters
- Made from recycled wood
- Treated with zinc borate to prevent rotting
- Can last twice as long as a wooden shutter
- The cost of this type of shutter is quite reasonable compared to wooden shutters
- Look like they’re made of wood
- Very environmentally friendly
- They’re expensive when compared to vinyl shutters
PVC Exterior Shutters
- A very solid material
- Can be painted in any color you please
- This type of shutter can look a lot like wood
- Manufactured to last for many years
- Expensive when compared to vinyl
- Can cost twice the price of wooden exterior shutters
- This type of shutter should not be painted in dark colors unless they have internal rods as they need to be thermally stabilized
As you can see, there are many different types of exterior shutters available. The good news is you can usually find one or two types of shutters that are perfect for your home. Please note, you’ll need to look for external shutters that cannot be warped by the hot sun. You should, therefore, look for shutters that had been made to last many years.
Exterior shutters can give you a lot of privacy, and help to protect your home against the harsh weather. In addition to this, they can also make your home look good while improving its security.
If you would like any information about any of our shutters, please contact us today. We look forward to hearing from you.